PART-TIME Commercial Lines Customer Service Representative w/ Paid Holidays (Rochester, NY)
Don’t just click to apply!
We have some requirements for applicants to complete before we’ll contact them.
How to apply: When submitting your resume write a letter about who is the greatest person of influence in your life or what has been the greatest experience in your life that has shaped you. Also, include 6 references (3 business and 3 personal). Only Candidates who follow all of the instructions will be contacted.
Looking for a fun place to work?
Want to work for an employer that cares about their employees?
Do you want work/life balance?
Like to work for an employer that gives back to their community?
What are we looking for?
- Associates Degree (Bachelors Degree, even better!)
- Property & Casualty Insurance License (great if you have it, if not, we’ll help you get it)
- 4 years office work experience
- Someone willing to learn
- Someone who can follow instructions
- A goal setter
The hours are Monday and Thursday 8:45am-5:30pm, and Friday 8:45am-5pm (who doesn’t like to get out a little early on a Friday!) with 45 minutes for lunch.
- Paid holidays
- 5 Mulit-purpose vacation days each calendar year (another part of the work/life balance)
- Bonus opportunities
- 3% Employer Matching Contribution to Retirement Plan
A candidate must be customer focused, always looking out for the best interest of the client/prospect. Candidates should possess the following qualities:
- Sales oriented
- Sense of humor
- You must be able to project your smile over the phone (the majority of our interaction is over the phone)
- Goal oriented
- Whiners or complainers need not apply, we are an upbeat office and like to keep it that way : )
VanScoter Insurance Agency, LLC (www.vanscoterinsurance.com) an independent property & casualty (auto, home, business, and life insurance) insurance agency is looking for a part-time Commercial Lines Customer Service Representative.
We care about our employees and like to show them how much we value them. Not only with financial rewards like bonuses/commissions and gifts, but with Agency events. Some of our recent events have been, going to a Syracuse basketball game, an evening at Batavia Downs for dinner and gambling, go-kart racing, Escape Room (we did escape!), Bowling, annual holiday party.
Here are some of the ways we give back to the community:
- During 2019 we’re donating $1,940 to 9 different local charities.
- During 2020 we’re donating to different local charity every other month
- Annual Thanksgiving food basket collection
- Volunteer at local events, like Greece Rotary’s Ziti Dinner
- Salvation Army Bell Ringing
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for servicing, quoting and selling new insurance policies; requoting existing customers; performing account reviews for current customers, recommending coverages & suggesting cost saving ideas. The Customer Service Representative will be required to take customer payments, issue certificates of insurance, assist in placing claims and following up on claim progress, in addition to some other administrative duties. It’s a small office, so you need to be willing to pitch in a help where ever is necessary.
ALL APPLICATIONS WILL REMAIN CONFIDENTIAL
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18,500.00 to $23,500.00 /year
- relevant: 4 years (Preferred)
- sales: 2 years (Preferred)
- customer service: 4 years (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)
- One location
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Communication method(s) used:
- In person
- Answer incoming customer inquiries
- Collaborate with management teams to stay updated on new products, services, and policies
- Record customer information within our customer service database
- Engage with clients in a friendly and professional manner while actively listening to their concerns
- Offer support and solutions to customers in accordance with the company’s customer service policies
- Other duties as requested
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- No weekends
- Day shift